So we had a teen forum about sex.
It was separated by gender though. Boys in one room and girls in the other.
Very interesting questions. Eye opening answers.
Questions by the participants will be italicized. Participants in this case are all teenage boys. Answers are not by me, but by married men. I wrote them down. =)
And now I will share it (take note that some of the answers and questions have been altered to be more specific or understandable by readers).
Let us begin.
– Sex is God’s command. It is mentioned in the first chapter of the first book in the bible.
If we have already had sex, and we are in regret. What next? How to reconcile?
– Come before God, repent. Turn Around. Total Breakoff. Don’t do it again. An act of sexual intercourse is a soul tie. There’s no such thing as a ‘One night stand’.
– For girls, there’s a second chance virginity. To be holy for marriage.
– Don’t feel condemned (The devil tells us we are not good enough). Talk to leaders and mentors. If you don’t have any, find one. Good spiritual mentors.
– God gives second chances.
Is it a sin to create babies without sexual intercourse? Sperm injection.
– Bringing babies into the world is a serious matter. Life. Soul. Not good. It is a selfish act. Better to just adopt a child.
“Don’t flirt with temptation. Because it opens up doors to sin.”
Making out, heavy petting. Sin?
– Yes. As long as we look at a girl lustfully, it is a sin. There is no way we can make out and do heavy petting with a girl without imagining things or arousing ourselves.
– Sin. The sin is in what you think. To masturbate, we have to think of the action. That is sin. And we have to think of doing it with someone. That is also sin. Bible says “if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away.” And “if your hand—even your stronger hand—causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away.” Why did it talk about the hand? Because he was referring to masturbation.
If I masturbate, am I still a virgin? What is a virgin?
– Definition of a virgin? For guys it doesn’t matter.
– Our priority. Who do we hurt when we masturbate? God or wife? or both?
– We can’t control our dreams. But we have to check ourselves. We are visual beings. Where did the visual ideas come from? Only if we’ve seen or imagined things, then we will dream it.
“We Struggle because we always Entertain the thoughts“
What is the physical problems with sex before marriage?
– Many times we hear that oh it’s okay to have sex since we will be getting married anyways. But there is NO GUARANTEE. Even the night before the wedding, you’re still not married yet. One of you can still run off or cheat on you.
– We violate a person.
– Condom safe sex is a myth.
– STDs. Herpes, HPV, AIDS. Some through touch, some through fluids, some through blood.
– Oral sex CAN transfer STDs.
Homosexuals. “I’m gay but I don’t practice it”. Do gays go to heaven? How to encourage a gay friend to change?
– No gays do not go to heaven. But God can forgive sins if repentant.
– These people usually have an absent father or father figure in their lives.
– Definition of gay: in an intimate relationship with someone of the same sex. Even if no intercourse.
– Accept gays as friend. DO NOT CONDEMN THEM. Gay has the same weight of sin as any sin, even stealing or lying. He is as much a sinner as you. Don’t condemn. If you cant be patient with them, DON’T try to help them with their problem. They need extra care and patience.
– If you are gay? God did not make you that way. It is a psychological problem and can be cured.
How to deny the thoughts? HOW TO STOP?!?!?!
– Two possibilities: 1. Supernatural power of God; a miracle! 2. Work super hard.
– “Bounce your eyes” The eyes will automatically detect a girl and bounce towards her. But you have to bounce it away right after that.
– Stop feeding the SUMO inside. We are fighting against a supernatural Sumo wrestler who is bigger and stronger than us. Every time we go head to head against it, we will lose. Instead, we need to starve it. Stop feeding the Sumo Wrestler the visual and the imagination it needs to grow. Slowly slowly, one day we will beat him.
“The best gift we can give our wife or husband is our virginity“